There is an opportunity available for a permanent Project Buyer.
The purpose of this role is to source, as required, all items required by the Project team in accordance with procedures and to best possible commercial terms.
- Negotiate agreements for the supply of goods and services to meet project requirements at optimum costs.
- Source items as necessary to ensure that all relevant items/services are available to deliver all projects on time, and at minimum cost.
- Identify new and alternative sources of supply to avoid over dependence on too few suppliers and maintain market competitiveness.
- Support the monitoring of supplier performance to ensure that they confirm to the conditions of contract and that they remain as viable businesses capable of meeting the company’s needs.
- Initiate and negotiate annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively.
Qualifications and Skills :
- Engineering degree or equivalent is desirable
- Member of Institute of Purchasing and Supply – desirable
- Experience in a purchasing environment
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication, prioritisation and organisational skills
Mechanical Lead Engineer
Leading a team of design and lead engineers in the delivery of projects, managing the preparation of outline and detailed engineering designs and working closely with client and contract partners.
Ensuring deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule whilst working safely and to the company’s quality management system.
Principal Accountabilities for the role of Mechanical Lead Engineer :
- Liaising with the commercial and projects teams to provide appropriate support to the enquiry, project, bid or tender.
- All areas of design and project management including, but not limited to, concept and detailed design, calculations, time, cost and resource management, various specifications, O&M manuals, CE marking, risk assessments, technical specification of items, site surveys and client meetings.
Bonus experience for the role of Mechanical Lead Engineer :
- Project Management / APM or other membership
- FEA / Finite Element Analysis
- CE Marking
- Hand calculations
- Lifting beams
- Piping / fluid services
- Chartered Engineer
Why work in Mechanical Design?
- Ever growing.
- Career Development.
- Established organisation.
- Pension, flexible working etc
- Mechanical Design: 1 year
- team leading: 1 year
- AutoCAD and Inventor: 1 year
To apply for any available positions, please email CV & cover letter to: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR, TSP Engineering, Curwen Road, Derwent Howe, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3YX
About TSP Engineering Ltd
TSP Engineering delivers high quality, innovative bespoke solutions. As a total solution provider we offer a full range of services including project management, design, manufacture, refurbishment and in-house testing facilities.
Located on Britain’s Energy Coast we employ over 210 people and operate from one of the largest and most comprehensively equipped workshops in the UK. With our years of engineering and manufacturing experience we guarantee to deliver exacting standards of quality and excellent levels of service.
We offer fabrication, machining, fitting, assembly and testing facilities, with a floor capacity of 19,200m2, two five-meter deep manufacturing pits and a lifting capacity of 130 tonnes.
Connecting with you
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation’s dreams.
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our vacancy page to see what openings we currently have.
TSP Engineering Ltd
Cumbria, CA14 3YX
Tel: (01900) 68000