Applying for a new role with a new employer can be daunting. To then have to talk about all your life achievements and how fabulous you are just makes the whole situation even more nerve wrecking! So, if we’re asking you to show off and tell us about all your amazing qualities and skills – it’s only fair we lead by example and tell you all ours. After all, you’re choosing us just as much as we’re choosing you!
- We’re an award winning business and team – So we know no-one likes a show off, but our team make up 4% of The Manufacturing Top 100 within the UK
- We understand a work / life balance
- Offer further internal opportunities
- We’re a world leader
- Provide funded training and further education opportunities
- So far this year we’ve received just under £50M worth of orders – hence why we need some additional hands!
Full time role Mon-Fri, 36.5 paid hours per week.
35 holidays (inc BH) per annum
Pension 6% ER and EE
The purpose of this role is to source, as required, all items required by the Project team within the business, in accordance with procedures, and to best possible commercial terms.
- Negotiate agreements for the supply of goods and services to meet project requirements at optimum costs.
- Work with Material Control on negotiations for annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively
- Source items as necessary to ensure that all relevant items/services are available to deliver all projects on time, and at minimum cost.
- Identify new and alternative sources of supply to avoid over dependence on too few suppliers and maintain market competitiveness.
- Support the monitoring of supplier performance to ensure that they confirm to the conditions of contract and that they remain as viable businesses capable of meeting the company’s needs.
- Initiate and negotiate annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively.
- Liaise with Project Engineers, Stores, and Operational personnel to gain a full understanding of their needs and brief them on improved sources of supply.
- A good understanding of the Quality Grading approach for each specific customer as this drives the documentation requirements
- Take ownership of material from PO placement to it being QA/QC’d on TSP site (including pro-active expediting throughout)
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in a buyer role is essential (preferably in Engineering)
- CIPS qualified – desirable and willing to work towards
- A good commercial and contract knowledge including the ability to flow down terms and conditions from our customer.
- Ability to Chair meetings for Project Requirement with Suppliers, arranging meetings and follow up actions
- Good organisation skills, good attention to detail when reviewing and analysing material requirements and costs
- Ability to meet deadlines and competing priorities set out by Projects to ensure Production Schedules can be met
- Ability to adapt to using new systems and processes to meet business needs
- Good communication skills
Industrial Engineer / NC Planner
- To provide technical information/documentation for computer numerical control machine tools, in order to achieve the most efficient manufacturing method using all available resources.
- To be responsible for the specification and standardisation of all shop equipment.
- To manage the department to ensure manufacturing standards are adhered to.
- Interpret complicated mechanical engineering documentation and using a “value engineering” technique convert, compile and develop computer numerical control information using Vero VISI – CAM software, along with machine tool set-up sheets and tooling lists. This information is then directed to any of 19 varied machine tool centres enabling manufacture of components to customer specification.
- Develop and implement programming methods and instruct other personnel as to their use, in order to increase department efficiency.
- Control documentation within the department to ensure working practices conform to internationally accepted externally audited standards e.g. (BSEN ISO 9001).
- Recommend, approve and control all aspects of tooling to be used on all machines within the business by specifying and standardising the brand names and types of tooling to be used.
- Provide detailed tooling packages as dictated by contractual requirements and where nonstandard tooling is required and be within monetary budgets.
- Collate and present detailed information and prepare relevant documentation in order for it to be submitted for special expenditure approval.
- To liase and support craft machine tool operators, monitoring and improving the manufacturing method during and after normal working hours.
Qualification and Skills
- Ideally will have a Machining background with a knowledge of fitting. (desirable)
- Manufacturing expertise in Machining (although a broad engineering background including fitting and/or welding and fabrication knowledge is also advantageous)
- Experience of carbon, stainless and non-ferrous material manufacturing methods in assembly and/or machining, welding and fabrication.
- Computer literate being proficient in the use of Microsoft computer packages is essential, and 2D and/or 3D CAD knowledge is an advantage.
- Qualified to minimum HNC in mechanical engineering and willing to work toward further academic qualifications.
To apply for any available positions, please email CV & cover letter to: HR.email@example.com or by post to:
HR, TSP Engineering, Curwen Road, Derwent Howe, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3YX
We operate a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or calls from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to us and will be considered a gift to TSP Engineering. Should you wish to be considered as a supplier in the future or feel you have a niche skill set you can help with, then please send some company information to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will only be in contact should we wish to discuss further. Thank you.
About TSP Engineering Ltd
TSP Engineering delivers high quality, innovative bespoke solutions. As a total solution provider we offer a full range of services including project management, design, manufacture, refurbishment and in-house testing facilities.
Located on Britain’s Energy Coast we employ over 210 people and operate from one of the largest and most comprehensively equipped workshops in the UK. With our years of engineering and manufacturing experience we guarantee to deliver exacting standards of quality and excellent levels of service.
We offer fabrication, machining, fitting, assembly and testing facilities, with a floor capacity of 19,200m2, two five-meter deep manufacturing pits and a lifting capacity of 130 tonnes.
Connecting with you
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation’s dreams.
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our vacancy page to see what openings we currently have.
TSP Engineering Ltd
Cumbria, CA14 3YX
Tel: (01900) 68000